Thursday, November 19, 2009

No Knead Bread

(More of a dinner bread, not good for sandwich bread)

3 Cups all purpose flour
¼ tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
1 ½ cups water

Heat water to 105*-115* and dump in yeast, wait until it froths. Mix everything together in a large bowl. Cover and let rise for 5-12 hours. Heat oven to 425* Dump dough into well oiled bread pan (this just makes one loaf). Bake for 45-50 minutes, with a pan of water on bottom rack. Promptly dump cooked bread onto a cooling rack.

** With this recipe I have fun, I will put in different spices and herbs depending on what mood I’m in. Garlic, tyme, rosemary, Italian seasoning, etc. I also like to top it with fresh parmesan cheese before putting it in the oven. You can even mix in cubes of cheese! I love to put in bacon and cheddar cheese. Have fun with this one, it’s cheap and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment